Monday, August 07, 2006

Things I Learned II


My friends all know how much I like Chris Tomlin. One of the things I was most looking forward to at Soulfest was the chance to see him again.

Looking at the schedule there would be two opportunities. He was performing Saturday evening and he would be doing the "New Song Cafe" on Saturday afternoon. The later was a more unplugged event where the songwriters introduce new songs to worship leaders and talk about how they wrote them. This was followed by a time of worship.

The event was to start at 1:30 pm, so we arrived early to grab a great spot. As it came to 1:30 the other two songwriters (Leeland and Matt Mahar) were both there. Then this guy came in wearing sunglasses. Took me a moment to realize it was Chris.

He looks exactly how I feel first thing in the morning!

Things I Learned II?

Even Chris Tomlin is human.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

And make sure to tell Bryan that there was very little EEEEE-ing at the Chris shows.

Although I wasnt near you during his evening concert.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home