Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Home for Recovering Technology Addicts

I'm leaving tomorrow for Soulfest and just checked in with the beautiful inn where we're staying. In asking last minute questions about whether there would be a fridge in the room I confirmed "and you have internet, right?".

No

They're pretty opposed to modern technology. They see it as a huge concession to have air conditioning (it's supposed to get up to 100 degrees this week). So, no internet.

Then the very nice lady offers that she'd be happy to lock up my cell phone for the week to help me get fully away from society and technology.

AHHHH!

Clearly she hasn't seen my backpack with 2 cameras, a laptop, two battery chargers, a portable hard drive, iPod and various cabling that I'm bringing. In fact, I went out and bought a surge protector power strip to bring with.

And, I'm going to live with the Amish. Well, not totally Amish. She did remind me to bring a bathing suit for the beach.

I did a search and the nearest Panera with wi-fi is 25 miles away. Breath in. Breath out. Repeat.

So, I won't be blogging for a couple of days. I should come back with lots of great stories about the concerts and pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home