Friday, September 01, 2006

A New Year

On Wednesday I thought it would be amazing if I would find something in my daily readings for that night that would serve as a theme verse for this coming year. I was up to Psalm 84 and found this verse:

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
~Psalm 84:5


The concept of pilgrimage is such and interesting thing and something we don't talk about much. The idea of being on a journey toward God. The added aspect for me right now has been the my theme in planning the England trip has been pilgrimage.

So, on Wednesday night this seemed really cool.

Thursday, not so cool. I suddenly got uncertainty about my job thrown at me, and suddenly pilgrimage was less cool and more scary.

For better or worse, it seems like this year is going to be about pilgrimage. I'd better stock up on dramamine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home