Monday, August 28, 2006

Cars, bleh!

So, I've been driving around with my check engine light on for a couple of months. I know, I know.... kind of stupid. But I was sure I knew what it was. The gas cap kept getting loose and I always figured that this was the time it would stay tight. Now you can dig out the definition of insanity and send me away somewhere.

I finally took it in this morning. $100 just to hook up a computer to it. Yikes. Turns out it wasn't the gas cap and was a valve that wasn't circulating the fumes correctly.

All this is to say that there are far too many parts on a car, and therefore far too many things that can go wrong.

Time to get a bicycle or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Not crazy... My car had the check engine light on for close to 6 months when I got it. It was a bad sensor. Which turned out to be bad because of a short circuit... which was shorted because mice had chewed on it... who were in the car because of a loose plug, and had also made nests and peed all over the carpet.

$1000 later, no check engine light. :P

And now my check engine light is on again. I paid the $79 to get it looked at, and they told me it was going to be something between $500 - $1000. Something not affecting the real function of the car. I'm saving up for my car repairs now.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home