Friday, August 25, 2006

I :heart: Louie

I've spent much of the last couple of days trying to wrap my head around concepts and respond to the challenges in what I'm reading and studying (see Willard's "Religious Evasion" section for lots of this). I've also been distracted by some stresses at work and some discouragements with another group.

Today at lunch I decided to just get away. It was raining, so it made no sense at all to leave my nice dry office, but I went instead.

As soon as I got in the car, I knew I made the right decision. In the CD player is Louie Giglio's "I Talked to God Today" series. I'm only on CD 2, but it goes through what prayer is supposed to be about and how the Lord's Prayer is supposed to serve as a model for us. There is something comforting about this series - the way he explains God's heart for communion with us. Somehow he can take something I already know, but make it fresh and new again.

As I was driving I was thinking how grateful I am for people like Louie who use their gifts in such remarkable ways.

If you've never heard Louie speak, you're missing something major.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home