Thursday, October 13, 2005

Meandering Thoughts

So, I haven't blogged a lot lately. Partially because I'm heavily overworked and often feel I'm barely above water without trying to handle extra things like blogging. Also partially because I'm reading a really intense book called Captivating by John Eldredge.

I recommend the book (even though I'm only 1/4 of the way through). Very thought provoking. I don't agree with everything in it, but it's definitely getting me thinking about a lot of things. What does it mean to be a woman? What things to I associate with being a woman that are really a self-protective shell against the outer world? What things that I think are negative about being a woman should I instead be thinking of as positives and something to rejoice in? What is the junk in my life that needs to go so I can be more at peace and less tired out by daily life?

The other great and challenging thing that's come barreling through my life in recent days was the Chris Tomlin/Matt Redman/Louie Giglio concert. I saw it twice in the past week and it was a wonderful experience and a huge challenge. The worship was amazing, the music was amazing and Louie's talk was amazing. Chris Tomlin's whole ministry has been a big challenge to me. I finally got my "I'm Not Famous" shirt and have been thinking about this whole idea of not bringing attention to ourselves. Much to think about. My pictures from one of the concerts are here.

So, I guess the reason I haven't been blogging is that I haven't had a lot of light, breezy, funny stuff to talk about. Lots of thinking going on in my head. Lots of growing going on. Sometimes it's good to have a break from sarcasm (gasp!) and just ponder.

1 Comments:

Blogger SC874 said...

Hey, blogs are for deep thoughts too! And griping when you're in a bad mood - look at mine! ;-)

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home