Friday, August 12, 2005

20 Questions.... well, okay, only 5

....but they're really hard. My friend Jane has sent me these questions (in full disclosure, it sounded like fun when I asked). Her blog is Jane D'Oh and way funnier than mine.

Not sure if I'll get through them today (they're really hard).

1) An aging rocker has seen your photographs and wants you to be his exclusive photographer and accompany him on all his tours and press junkets. Unfortunately, time and circumstances have been less than kind to Mr. Rock-n-Roll, and he is...shall we say...fugly. REALLY fugly. Truth be told, he was never that photogenic to begin with. You know these pics will be published and give you great exposure (no pun intended) and make you independently wealthy, but your exclusive contract will also prohibit you from selling any pictures of other, more worthy, subjects. Do you take the gig?

Just how fugly is this guy??? I think I'd take the gig. Yes, I'm shallow. Here's my reasoning - presuming this isn't a super long term gig, it would give me a chance to make a name for myself and earn a chunk of money. It looks like I could still take other pictures, just not publish them. Later on I'd have the independence to work on projects that I really wanted to without having to get everything published to stay afloat.

I guess I should have asked, is Mr. Rock-n-Roll Grabby McHands?? That would make a difference. That way he wouldn't live long and I could move on to other gigs.

2) The man of your dreams has popped the question. He's kind, thoughful, and totally yummy. He's also a bit of a free spirit. He doesn't want to be tied down by things like a house, a car, or children. In fact, he's made enough money to spend the rest of your lives traveling from place to place as the spirit moves you. Are you willing to pull up roots and give up on ever having a home and a family to marry Mr. Wonderful?

These questions are getting harder! I honestly don't think he could be the man of my dreams if he's this much of a free spirit. I'm kind of a home body and balance out my travels with quietter times at home. I don't think I could really be happy or comfortable with a total "free spirit" life. So, put me in the "way too conservative for that kind of crap" category. Sorry Mr. Wonderful.

3) You've just been told you have one week to live. Given unlimited resources (other than time), how do you intend to spend that week?

One week huh? I'd probably fly back to Canada (and fly far flung friends there). Spend time with family and the friends and take lots of pictures of beautiful countryside. Lots of singing and dancing would ensue. Can I fly in Clay Aiken too? I'd like to hang out with him and my friends and snark through some quality television. Maybe Chris Tomlin could lead worship in the evenings and The Edge could help out on guitar. Give me a break - I only have one week to live here!

So, I guess I'm conservative and shallow. Good combo!

4) A little puppy has followed you home. He is the sweetest, fluffiest, most loving dog you've ever seen. You do a little asking around, and you find out the dog was scheduled to be put down that afternoon. They will spare his life if, and only if, you agree to keep him. Of course, you are allergic, so you will have to get uncomfortable weekly shots in order to keep the little guy. What do you do?

Sadly, shots won't help with this. Is he a golden retreiver? I guess (presuming a fairly perfect world) I'd buy my dream farmhouse and have him be an outdoor dog (except when it's really cold). Then we could run and play and I wouldn't be sick. I actually like dogs (well, not the yappy kind), just can't be around them too much.

5) Chronic halitosis or excessive flatulence - which do you choose?

Man, I already am taking pictures of a fugly guy, walked away from Mr. Wonderful, only have a week to live and am constantly sniffly from Fluffy the Dog. Now I have this choice? I guess chronic halitosis. I'm sure my friends would agree keeping my mouth closed a little more would hurt no one!

Enjoy watching me squirm? Wish you were being harassed? Here are the rules of the game:

Want to play?
The Official Interview Game Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below asking to be interviewed.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee - this is too much fun!

Thanks for playing with me!

6:27 PM  
Blogger SC874 said...

This is such a fun game. I almost want to do it again!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home