Thursday, September 15, 2005

Finding Joy

Yes, my week has continued in the previously explained crappy mode. More bad things happening, more piles of bureaucracy to wade through, though thankfully no more semi's looking to crush me.

Today as I was wading through what appears to be an insurmountable pile of work on my desk, I heard an interesting sound. I turned around and sure enough, it was pounding rain. I love the sound of rain pounding on roofs and windows. And for a few minutes I didn't even consider that I need to get groceries on the way home and am going to get very wet doing so.

And then I remembered that just a few weeks ago I was sharing an office and didn't even have my own window. And then I sent off a quick email to someone in my small group about something and realized that a few months ago I didn't really know anyone who lived in my area.

There are lots of small pieces of joy out there to be found. I just need to look a little harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home