Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Stumbling Through Incompetence

Why is it that the truly inept seem to always rise to positions that put their incompetence on full display? The business office at my old job screwed up my corporate expense card. Of course, the card people are coming after me for payment. Charming. Monsieur Incompetent appears to have just "forgotten" to make the payment. Which, of course, begs the question of whether the payment didn't happen because he's upset with me for speaking out on his lack of skills earlier or if he's to dumb to think to do that.

Which begs the next question of how I lucked out in having so many of this type around me in my current job. While I appreciate that they make the rest of us look good, it's not enough to justify having them around.

Sigh. Where's my friend the evil world dominatrix when I need her?

2 Comments:

Blogger SC874 said...

You have hit on something that is my BIGGEST pet peeve. The most incompetent types always seem to rise to the top for some reason (and that reason is that they are good at schmoozing and not much else). They get by on the strength of their good assistants. I was mildly amused when an ex-boss of mine went out of business shortly after I left her for another job. She can't even balance her checkbook, much less run a business.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had this discussion with Mr. D'oh quite often, and we've concluded that these people get promoted to a place where they can do the least damage - think the Pointy-Haired Boss in Dilbert. They call it "rising to the level of your incompetence."
I think our new slogan should be "Resist Mediocrity."

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home