Monday, August 15, 2005

Yee Haw

Explain to me again why I'm going to Indiana again? What on earth made me believe that any adventure that included the instructions "meet Mad Matt at the She He Cattle Barn" was a good idea? Why do I NEED a picture of a butter cow? Is it that damned Clay Aiken character again?

Yes, I'm off on another adventure this week. Flying half-way across the country with the following agenda:

  • Don't throw up on the flight (pack dramamine, eye mask, saltines, etc)
  • Meet Mad Matt at the She He Cattle Barn
  • Eat deep fried chocolate bar
  • Sneak new camera into concert
  • Try not to get rained on at concert which may, or may not be in a great big field
  • Enjoy concert while simultaneously figuring out said new camera in the dark (and possibly rain)
  • Dance the night away
  • Find the cultural mecca that is the Steak and Shake
  • Sleep (yeah right, amid all this excitement, who can sleep??)
  • Wake up
  • Regret everything consumed at the Steak and Shake and perhaps that which was consumed at the State Fair
  • Try to make my face look like a normal persons
  • Go find great shopping that has been promised me
  • Eat my weight in cheese and chocolate at the Melting Pot

And people wonder why I struggle when co-workers as "why are you going to Indiana??". Perhaps I can just send them to the blog. I think it should clear everything up for them.

I'm insane!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot about the horrible suffering you will have to endure while riding in a car with me! Will Indiana survive my NYC driving skills?

12:51 PM  
Blogger SC874 said...

See? This is why nobody knows I'm going to Indiana except one of my best friends and my mom (and the people I am actually going with). To my co-workers, I am simply "taking a long weekend". It is too hard to explain to them why I am going on an eating tour of Indiana. And to another Clay Aiken concert (but dangit, he is pretty).

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep...I just tell people I'm going to Indy for "a concert." I'm not ashamed of my Clay love, but I'm sick and tired of defending it!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home