Thursday, August 10, 2006

Is There A Point??

Last night I was curled up on my couch sorting through hundreds of pictures. I had run through a chunk of stuff on my DVR (good thing too - when I got home from Soulfest it yelled at me because it had run out of space), so I flipped through the channels for some unoffensive background noise. The Contemporary Christian digital music station was playing Amy Grant on a loop, so that wasn't an option.

I stumbled on Project Runway. I remembered how much Janet enjoys it, so I thought I'd give it a chance.

Huh?? What is the point of that show? It was utterly brainless and seemed to be exhalting complete brainlessness. Seriously? People watch this stuff? Diva models and diva designers all judged by equally diva fashion types. I didn't find even a moment of redeeming worth there. That's an hour of my life I won't get back.

On the positive side, Soulfest pictures are on their way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tery Lynne said...

I never heard of this show. However, from your description, I would think that the audience is probably between the ages of 13 - 17 years old. A lot of teens are into the modeling industry and fashion. I know that my seventeen-year-old daughter watched The Next Top Model hosted by Tyra Banks.(SP.) I feel that these shows feed into the vunerable minds of teens - and in turn, the teens believe that they need to look this way in order to be accepted. Very sad.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I think you're assuming the target audience is female.

Not necessarily the case....

---
World of Warcraft
Has this game created a monster?


Quintessence takes part in a struggle between good and evil while his family cleans up dinner downstairs. The Signal Mountain 19-year-old fights deep inside a dim cave, in the instance of Ahn’ Qiraj, and hurls fireballs at what his guild, Equilibrium, likes to call trash mobs. The other thirty-nine characters throw their own spells, in explosions of blue and green and orange, at the gnat-like enemies. Project Runway flickers on the television set."

(snip)

"Quintessence waits around for Donkey and Krizzle to divvy up responsibilities for the next raid. A character who drank potion to make him look like a skeleton jumps around like something out of The Corpse Bride. “I’m not worried that I can’t stop,” Quintessence muses. “Times like the summer I get deep, but once the school year starts, I don’t play. Plus a lot of times, if I have something better to do, I’ll totally zone out during raids.”

“Something better meaning...”

“Project Runway.”

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home