Friday, August 18, 2006

Bogged Down

Hee.. I almost wrote "Blogged Down", which would be a very interesting condition indeed.

I woke up this morning with a headache thinking about all the details of my life that need to be kept in the air. Nothing earth shattering - finding places to stay in England, ongoing stresses at work, a schedule for the fall that's rapidly filling up, minor car issues and a buildup of little things that always happens when things get busy. None of this is worth any level of stress, but combined it's becoming a distraction to me. Rather than enjoying what I'm doing, I'm always thinking ahead to the next thing on my plate. Yeah, tonight is interesting, but excuse my while I worry about these details about tomorrow.

I know, I know. Completely unproductive. And very much covered in the Sermon on the Mount in the section on not worrying.

The problem is that now I'm stressed that I'm too stressed. :) Because, if there's anything more productive than worrying, it's worrying that you're worrying too much!!

Supposed to be going on a day trip tomorrow and have been promised a beautiful lake, waterfalls, etc. Should be just what the doctor ordered!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Oops. Did I do that? I told you to tell me if you didn't want me to come visit.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

No, not you. Millions of icky details. Loose gas caps on cars. Looming safety inspection. Work issues. Home issues. I'm getting distractions that distract me from my distractions. :)

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home