Monday, June 05, 2006

Life in Focus

Last night I picked up my camera for the first time since I got the new glasses. There was an event at church and I wanted to get some pictures. I went through the whole evening snapping away. As I had before the new glasses, I slipped back and forth from manual to auto focus depending on the situation.

Everything was wonderful until I got home and downloaded the pictures. Everything I took in manual focus is out of focus. Not just "not quite sharp". More in the "how much did you have to drink before you picked up the camera" range. The stuff I took in auto is okay, but even that wasn't as good as usual.

So, evidently my left eye still can't see and/or focus long distances.

Disturbing. Okay, upsetting (I'm still short on sleep).

It's not like photography is my only source of income, but it's still pretty upsetting to hit an obstacle like this. On the one hand, I know I made the right choice in safeguarding my vision long term and going with the new glasses. On the other hand it's scary to lose something that you took so much for granted and not know when or if you'll get it back.

Mostly I'm trying not to panic and reassuring myself that this could just be a temporary thing until my eyes fully adjust. It has been almost two weeks.

On top of this I now have a pile of pretty crappy pictures to pass along to those who are expecting much better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

How much did you have to drink?

10:38 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Hang in there. You may just have to retrain your eye to focus properly in the camera. Or rely a little more on autofocus, which should focus properly since it has nothing to do with you eye at all.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home