Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Really for Rest and Relaxation?

What is the point of vacations? Really?

I'm supposed to go on vacation this week. In order to prepare for this I've been working extra hours for the past week and there are good indications that work will pile up while I'm gone to create more work when I get back. In fact, my boss said, "Definitely get lots of rest on your vacation to prepare for what's coming when you get back." Hmmm. Doesn't that sound a little wrong? Relax hard on your vacation to prepare for catching up when you get back.

Seems a little messed up to me, not to mention taking some of the fun out of vacation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've come to believe that the point of vacations, in the "professional" world, is for employers to be able to say, "see, we don't work them to death - they get VACATION." Each day, a new opportunity for "Summer Enrichment Training" appears in my inbox. As if, by taking SIX lousy weeks to be with my family (which is NO vacation), my brain will atrophy.

Enjoy your break - you've earned it!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home