Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A Thing of Beauty

It finally arrived on Monday. My beautiful modern sculpture. A blend of form and function. A necessity for any techno-gal on the go.

I speak, of course, of my iPod. A gadget to end all gadgets. The answer to my disorganized piles of CDs in my car and living room. The remedy for my long drives for work. I've already discovered many interesting songs I don't remember hearing before. This helpful little friend even helped me through a long session with budgets today at work.

It's nice to find a consumer good that is really designed for what the customer needs (rather than creating a need and then filling it). Apple seems to have anticipated what I will want and has already taken care of it.

No, it won't end world hunger, but does seem to be the kind of thing you wonder how you lived without.

And no, I didn't get the U2 iPod. Sorry.

Joy

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Did you get the iPod that lets you store photos? How much storage did you get?

The one drawback to the iPod is file types. It doesn't allow certain file types. For example, if you download from puretracks.com, the iPod won't play them. However, if you rip them and then transfer them to your iPod it will play them. It's a MSN vs Apple thing.

Did you know that you can buy a Bose system that allows you to stick your iPod in a docking station type of setup and play your tunes without any wires?

Out.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the iPod Photo. If I'm not mistaken, it only comes in 30G.

Looove mine as well.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my iPod fiercely and wonder how I ever lived without it. I even knit it a cozy.

Yes, I'm sick.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the 20 (without photos). The photo comes in 30 and 60 gig size.

Still lovin the 'pod.

I don't think I'll be knitting it clothes anytime soon though!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home