Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ack

So, today was to be the big day - the release of Clay Aiken's new CD. While my love of all things Clay has cooled over the last 2 years, I was still anxious to hear the new masterpiece.

At lunch I went over to Best Buy to pick it up. Sat in my car with memories of 2002 as I tried to unwrap the stupid plastic wrapping. Got it in the CD player and listened to two songs on the way back to the office. Pretty good.

Popped the CD in the new MacBook and fired up iTunes. It didn't acknowledge the CD. Nothing on the Mac side would. Try the Windows side. Windows Media Player knows there's a CD in there, but says there's nothing on it. Hmmm...

Okay, I'll take it out then. Not so fast. Can't get it out on the Mac side because it still won't acknowledge it has a CD in it. Eject button. Nothing. Shook the computer (hoping gravity would help or something). Looked into the CD slot. Yelled at the computer. (perhaps you see why I don't work at a helpdesk... "Yes, maam, I understand you're frustrated. Have you tried shaking the laptop and yelling at it?")

Went over to the Windows side and finally found a tiny eject button in Windows Media Player.

Listening to this CD is a lot of work! And what's with my snobby computer not playing Clay Aiken?

Anyhow, I finally got it playing and have listened to it 3 times. Overall - meh. Not all that memorable. C+ maybe. Really disappointing overall. However, I do love the song that's the iTunes bonus song. Much better than the rest of the album. Hmmm..

So, very glad I'm not one of those who has had their entire lives revolving around the release of this CD for the past year. It's a fun CD. I'm sure I'll listen to it now and then. Still doesn't hold a candle to Clay live in concert.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Your Mac wouldn't acknowledge the Clay Aiken CD... hmmmm... maybe those folks at Apple are onto something after all...

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home