Thursday, September 14, 2006

Series of Mishaps

I'm having one of those weeks where you start to wonder if anything is going to go right.

- My computer is still among the possibly dead. I got some of the stuff off it last night, but I'll still lose a lot if we have to wipe or replace the hard drive. Charming. In the meantime, no photoshop to work on my pictures.

- Still trying to "catch my breath" after a series of bad asthma/allergy attacks. First church and then this week a new person showed up at my small group drenched in perfume. And I was supposed to lead the study. Good luck with that!

- Work is just a big ball of crazy. Interpersonal conflict above my level and big bunches of bureaucracy preventing any progress.

- Planning for England isn't going as well as I'd hoped. The British rail system is far above my level of understanding. Trying to figure out which pass I'm supposed to buy and whether it will actually guarantee me a spot on the train. Plus, most of the things on the list of high priorities are outdoors. When I checked the forecast this morning, it's supposed to rain for the next 10 days straight. My memories of England will be very very wet.

- I talked to Janet last night and she's moving earlier than I thought. By "thought" I mean guessed, because her moving date seems to change every few days. At least I know I'm not the only one being jerked around by their company. Not much comfort because I really don't want my friends to have to share my pain!

Overall, it's a really weird time. Nothing earthshatteringly wrong, but enough that I never really want to get out of bed in the morning. Storkbryt had a blog last week about God making us stronger and I keep wanting to look up to the heavens and shout "Can't this wait a few more weeks? I'm cool with being weak a little longer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home