Friday, February 03, 2006

Lighter Notes

Given a crushing load at work and interesting things elsewhere, I'm trying out something a little lighter. Picked up an interesting exercise on someone else's blog.

Four Jobs I've Had
Hmmmmm....
1. Green Team - While I was in college I worked on the city "Green Team", setting up the city's recycling program and doing public education work. Very interesting work!
2. Managing a skating club - My first "real" (i.e. out of college) job was managing a figure skating club. What a crazy experience. Like living in a soap opera. Met some amazing people and learned just how psychotic skating moms can be.
3. Consulting for Disney - For the last couple of years I've done consulting work for Buena Vista. Watching movies, checking on trailers, keeping an eye out for marketing materials.... it's been a fun little side gig and given me a new perspective on marketing.
4. Sheltered workshop for mentally challenged adults - Learned so much about love and joy from these amazing people. Also learned about burnout and separating yourself from your job.
Did you really think I'd blog about my current job??

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
This is a decently long list, so I'll need to narrow it down.
1. Sleepless in Seattle - A classic. Gets me every time.
2. Gross Pointe Blank - The classic John Cusack movie. Funny, cutting, great music - what more can you ask?
3. Anne of Green Gables - More a mini-series than a movie (can I put Pride & Prejudice in this one too??), but it's a childhood classic I can watch again and again.
4. Anna and the King - Amazing!
Plus SWAT (stop laughing Janet), anything by Pixar, The Cutting Edge, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Broadcast News, Clueless, Emma, Notting Hill, Princess Bride... do I need to go on?

Four Places I Have Lived
1. Harvard Square - Fabulous big city experience.
2. Halifax - Is there any place better?
3. Acadia - Interesting year.
4. Framingham - Shopping center capital of the world. Probably a dangerous place for me to live.
Love the place I'm living now - not too big and not too small.

Four TV Shows I Love

I'm guessing they mean current shows.
1. Lost
2. Without a Trace
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Dancing With The Stars
Plus, many many cooking shows.

Four Places I've Vacationed
1. New York City - It was fabulous to spend a week there and do all the cliche things - the Met, MoMa, Statue of Liberty, Greenwich Village, World Trade Center site, Central Park...
2. North Carolina - It was a great roadtrip and that part of the world is wonderful.
3. Montreal/Quebec - My first vacation on my own when I was 14. Definitely culture shock for a small town girl.
4. Buffalo, NY - Not all vacations are chosen for their locations. Some are for the people.

Four of My Favorite Dishes
1. Any pizza from Antonio's
2. Real Chinese food
3. Shrimp Pad Thai
4. Lobster at an outdoor lobster boil

Four Sites I Visit Daily
1. Google
2. Relevant
3. Globe and Mail
4. Best of Clay

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now
1. The British Isles
2. Talking with Bono
3. Anywhere at a lighthouse
4. At a Chris Tomlin concert

I'm not into "tagging", so I'll leave it open to any blogger friends who want to pick up the challenge.

1 Comments:

Blogger SC874 said...

I'll do it! Just give me a couple of days to get myself motivated...

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home