Tuesday, May 01, 2007

After More Thought

A friend pointed out to me this weekend that I don't really believe what I wrote in my Sheep Stealing blog a few weeks ago.

So, to clarify...

I think in a local context Bible believing/Bible preaching churches should not be competing for existing sheep, nor should they see local para church organizations (such as IV or the Navs) as competing for the existing sheep. If we're all in the business of the Kingdom of God.

However...

I do have a problem with para church organizations taking leaders away from local churches with the claim they are going to train them, only to get them out of their communities and teach them that they have to stay in this central location. I think this severely damages the local church and is unethical.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home