Sunday, April 22, 2007

Keeper of Hearts

I'm continuing to read (and take copious notes on) Ministries of Mercy by Timothy Keller. It's an outstanding book and I can't even tell you how much I've learned from this book.

I came upon this quote last night:
The person should remember that God is the keeper of hearts. If you have a burden, then God put it there; it is not the result of your innate goodness and love.
This really speaks to something that's been bothering me for some time. Is this interest in Africa just a passing thing with me? Is this just something that caught my eye? How do I know that this is just from God and not just a good idea?

Then I read this quote and got hit with some perspective. It's hard to accept that nothing good could be coming just from me. It's just a matter of my motivation in approaching the good things that are from God. God is the keeper of my heart.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

I disagree with the quote. Were that true, then those who do not have the Holy Spirit in them would be incapable of being burdened for anything altruistic. Not true.

The people and causes that we're burdened for or are passionate about give a good lead to what God may want to do through us.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home