Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Beauty


CCM magazine has an interesting article on beauty and image in the Christian music industry. She interviewed many top artists on how they feel about the push for beauty in a sector that claims that beauty is on the inside. It's a worthwhile read.

When I got home last night the hard copy of the magazine was waiting for me and the article had an extra sidebar that wasn't available in the online edition. The title was "Made to Worship Who?" and the subject was, of course, Chris Tomlin. He tells the story of flying to his first photo shoot and the letter Louie Giglio gave him to read on the plane. It read, in part:
"Everyone was coming to John the Baptist in John 3 and saying, 'You're it. You're the deal... You're getting quite popular here.' And he responded, 'I am not... there's One that's coming. I can't even tie His shoes. That's the One you need to go to. And when you see Him, you're going to know that He must increase and I must decrease.' And as they're taking your pictures today, I just want you to hold that in your heart.... 'you don't even tie this guy's shoes'."
Just one more reason to love John the Baptist and to apply him to a modern context.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

Great article, thanks for sharing it.

Appreciate you leaving a comment on my blog...I love hearing from people who are reading it!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home