Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Further Proof That God Has a Sense of Humor

As if I needed more proof....

Yesterday I was running late on everything and I was about to go into a meeting, but I really needed to print out the UPS shipping slips for the latest round of Caregiver Kit boxes. Of course, I couldn't find the sheet with the list of how many kits were in each box. I knew I had brought it that morning and I remembered putting it in my purse.

Of course, being in a hurry, I couldn't find anything. I grew more and more frantic as I started tearing apart my office in search of the scrap of paper (anyone who's seen my office will know that's a bit of a fruitless search).

As I'm becoming more frantic I realize I've got a song stuck in my head, in the bad way. I'm too busy to figure out what it is because, darn it, I'm busy. And frantic. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Finally I take a breath and stop to figure out what it is. It's "Great is Thy Faithfulness". Over and over in my head. While I'm tearing up my office and getting increasingly angry at why there have been so many little stumbles on this project and why it keeps eating up more and more of my time.

Finally I see the irony in my franticness, frustration and the song in my head.

And, of course, immediately I find the slip of paper.

Sigh. You would think that I'd learn. It was like God giving me a smack and saying "Listen Goober".

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Heck, I've seen your purse so I know finding anything in there is always a fruitless pursuit. Hee.

:-)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

blah blah blah... I have a new purse and it's more organized. Promise. And I swear the paper appeared out of nowhere.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

If that was me the voice in my head would sound more like 'We're out of time, dammit. Just download it to my PDA'

10:52 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

God.... Jack Bauer.... I can see the confusion...

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home