Monday, January 15, 2007

Disappointment with Jack

So, over Christmas my brother convinced me to try 24. I got back from Christmas sick, so it seemed as good a time as any to veg in front of the tv for many many hours getting addicted. I watched all of Season 5. I finished about a week and a half ago - just in time to start hearing the hype about the new season. I would jump out of my chair in the first 5 minutes. I wouldn't be able to breathe for 2 hours.

So, I watched the two hours last night. It was good. It was gross. It wasn't fantastic though. No cure for cancer. No world peace. He did kill a guy with his bare teeth, which reminded me of that vampire movie he did in the 80s with Julia Roberts. At one point I found myself in the kitchen while it was on. Clearly it had lost my interest and I wondered away. Too many implausibilities. Too much violence. Too much blah blah blah. Not enough Jack.

Networks - Please oh please stop exaggerating. The premiere was good, but it didn't change television forever. All you did was make me think, "well, that wasn't spectacular". 24 is a good show. Let it stand on it's own merits. Please don't turn it into ER - the most outrageously dumb teasers ever.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Do you still feel the same way after episodes 3 and 4?

Did you notice that Shawn Majunder, from This Hour has 22 Minutes, was the nuclear scientist?

8:48 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

No, don't feel the same way after episode 2 (I loved Curtis). I'll be posting my thoughts later.

Didn't recognize Shawn. He must have come on This Hour after I stopped watching. Is that show still on?

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home