Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Race to the Finish

With less than a week to go before I jet out of here for fun up north and then prayer out west, it seems like I'm in a sprint. So much to finish on my desk at work. So much to finish at church. So much to finish at home. Christmas cards to write. House to clean.

And yet.... Instead of being able to focus on completing the tasks at hand, my boss continues to pile things on my desk and I keep being caught in tremendous time wasting episodes. Sigh. It's hard to make people understand that planes will not wait for me and I can't not sleep for a week to finish their project.

At the same time there are things that I want to be a priority, but because they aren't as urgent and inflexible they are getting ignored. I'm glad I'm going to OneThing and will have a chance to do some priority re-aligning before rejoining the world in January.

ETA ~ After posting this I went over to the 268 Blog (home of Louie Giglio and the Passion ministry) and he's posted about racing to the finish. He even quoted Isaiah 40, which seems to be the theme of the week.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home