Monday, November 27, 2006

Quandry

About a week ago my brother mentioned to me that my Mother read my blog. Evidently he gave her his blog address and Mom managed to find her way here.

This presents me with a quandry. The first law of blogging is to not let your mother read your blog. Law two is that if she does, start a new blog.

After a couple of cracks that made it obvious she was regularly reading my blog, I finally sent an email yesterday asking her not to read my blog anymore. Pretty straightforward - two adults, right?

Evidently not everyone plays along with the first law of blogging (for example, my brother) and they let their parents read their blogs. To all of you, I say

YOU'RE RUINING IT FOR THE REST OF US!!

Mom says everyone else lets their mother's read their blogs. I might point out that this is the opposite of all the logic she used on me as a kid. NOW I'm supposed to give in to peer pressure??

My blog is not a happy slappy letter home with bright and shiny news about life. I have no intention of turning my blog into something light and fluffy. To me the whole idea of a blog is to work out ideas and thoughts as they happen. Sometimes I get things wrong. Sometimes I get things right. Usually it's a bit of both.

So, I guess I don't really have a quandry. I really don't want my Mom reading my blog. Actually, I don't want to write my blog for my Mother. And, if I know she's reading, I probably will because I'm lame like that.

So, yeah, I guess no quandry. Thanks for listening.

Not you Mom. You're not supposed to be reading!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Errr... well, you're the only person I know who's fussed about their parents reading their blog. Others of my friends have their parents leave comments regularly.

One of my friends asked me not to link to his site, so I didn't. If it was a big deal to you, I'm not sure why you didn't mention it.

If you want me to remove the link, please let me know.

For me, I don't really care who's reading my blog. I write it for others to read.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home