Friday, February 02, 2007

Or.... Not

I had big plans for this weekend. Today was a big work conference. Tonight a big prayer event at church (and I'm leading) and then the weekend sleepover/retreat with my small group. Lots packed in, right?

Except that I woke up at midnight violently ill. Like really violently ill. Haven't even been able to drink water since 9 pm last night. Not good.

You'd think I wouldn't be so cocky about big plans after reading this in James 4 the other day:

13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 16As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

So, it looks like a "quiet" weekend here. Yuck. I hate viruses.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

{{{JOY}}}
Get better soon.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home