Monday, January 01, 2007

New Friends and Old

The other night one of my friends mentioned how many new people had come into her life in 2006. It got me thinking about the long list of new people who came into my life in 2006. It was a year of huge change for me and that was reflected in the people I was spending time with.

There are lots of old friends in my life and Christmas was a good time to get in touch with many of them. In particular, once again Keer and I got closer again when crisis hit my life and I really needed a shoulder to lean on.

There's a long list of friends that I knew last year but whom I got to know much better this year. My small group in particular was very intentional about getting closer and forming a closer community. I barely knew the people in my prayer group and now I'm quite close to them.

Then there are the friends who I didn't know at all this time last year who are now part of the circle of my life. It's amazing to me how all the right people came into my life at the right time to fill voids. It's an interesting thing to think over at the beginning of a new year.

What will 2007 bring? How many new people will be coming through my life?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home