Sunday, November 12, 2006

Top Twenty Books

A blog I regularly read had a top list of their favorite Christian books. It got me thinking. I don't have the brainpower to completely rank them, but here's a list:

1. Red Moon Rising - Pete Greig
2. The Vision/The Vow - Pete Greig
3. The Divine Conspiracy - Dallas Willard
4. The Cost of Discipleship - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
5. Velvet Elvis - Rob Bell
6. The Barbarian Way - Erwin McManus
7. Captivating - John and Stasi Eldredge
8. Kingdoms in Conflict - Charles Colson
9. Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas
10. Life Together - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
11. The Way I Was Made - Chris Tomlin
12. I Am Not but I Know I AM - Louis Giglio
13. Too Busy Not to Pray - Bill Hybels
14. Wild at Heart - John Eldredge
15. Making Life Work - Bill Hybels
16-20. clearly I need to be doing more reading.....

Please note that this list is severely limited because it only contains books that I've read (and would put on a top list of Christian books). I think the next task is the books I still need to read both those staring at me from my bookshelf and those I don't have yet! Making the list definitely made me realize how little I've read and how much I've read that I couldn't recommend.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Some good ones there. I may have to steal, err.. marketing world borrow your idea and post my own list. There will be some crossovers, but I think I'll be adding some Yancey. I know you aren't a big fan.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Hey, wait. Where the heck is CS Lewis? What kind of a list is this...? lol

12:25 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

I haven't finished reading any CS Lewis books, which is why they aren't on the list. I did do the CS Lewis tour in Oxford though, does that count?

11:12 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

No. And watching the Chronicles of Narnia movie doesn't either!
;-)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home