Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bad Start to the Day

I'm speaking at a conference today. I don't feel totally prepared, but it's a subject I feel passionately about and I've talked about it plenty before. I knew coming in that I wasn't totally prepared (not to mention that I've never met my co-presenter), but I figured the key was a good night's sleep.

Easy, right?

At 5 am this morning they were collecting garbage. And backing up the trucks. And the warning sound the trucks have when they back up sounds just like my morning alarm. And it was going off every 30 seconds or so.

Panic. So much for the good night's sleep.

I'm now running on bad conference tea and prayer. Hopefully things will just fall into place. The 5 am alarm wasn't a good omen for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home